Blog Post Title: 37 Tips on Getting Most Out of any Conference in India + How to Plan, Attend Social Media Week Bangalore. Link to the blog post: http://goo.gl/Sxdph7
Date published: Feb 09, 2014
Amount Spent: Facebook ads : $ 20. Paid Likes(Engagement) : 400
Organic Facebook Page Likes: 2500
A quick summary:
- Research. Most important point to remember.
- Listen. To your potential clients carefully, pay attention to their problems and give solution
- Network. Attend events and effectively use the time and opportunity to meet new people and engage in relevant topic related discussions to get their point of view
- Relevant Content. Write content based on actual incidents, quoting the high points and pain points you faced or you experienced. useful content always pays off
- Appropriate Title. Come up with a good blog post Title ( Include statistics / promise/ emotions/questions)
- Related Image. Use a personalized applicable picture rather than a stock photo.
- Summary. Giving highlights and bullet points of the blog for a reader to quickly scan the post
- Promote. Good content needs to be promoted to get the eyeballs. Promote even if you have to boost your post in Facebook
- Shorter URL links. Before you share the blog post, use Google URL builder and URL shortner
- Share Reference Material. Learn to share articles, books, blog posts, reference materials, so one can learn from each other.
How we got started?
SMWBangalore was held between Feb 21– 27th 2014 , WMA was the Official Digital Knowledge partner and helped Social Media Week in their digital marketing strategy by ensuring a higher number of registrations for the event.
As part of our Social Media Marketing to promote SMWBangalore, we explored the option of utilizing our blog too. Hence, after researching and talking to a lot of potential SMW attendees, we decided that the most relevant would be a blog post which would give information about what to expect at SMW, how to plan for the events as they would span across 5 days and also since a lot of people would travel from outside Bangalore we decided to give some more information.
Disclaimer: Analysis and insights are my thoughts and based on what we did, it might work or may not work for you or your business. I just want to share what we did, how we did and the outcomes.
How WMA came up with this blog post:
So we put our thinking caps on and started asking certain questions – how can we give useful, relevant and important information to the participants. Some of the queries we pondered over included :
- Which sessions should one attend?
- Where to stay?
- Are the locations close to each other?
- How far do I have to travel each day?
- Which hotels can be considered?
- What about the dress code?
Marketing & Promotional activities we did for SMW Bangalore:
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Facebook ads
- Blog posts
- Email marketing
- Offline – Posters in Universities
We covered the main query most people have in their mind – Why one should attend these events and what would they benefit from it:
- Most importantly networking
- To hire/hired
- Business cards
Certain other topics we knew people wanted to know included – About Bangalore & the Venue
- Traffic & Peak hours
- Hotels located closer to SMW venues
- Wi-fi in all these location
- Plug points to charge the laptop, mobile
- Recommend the best possible mode of travel
We knew that by giving these tips, those attending the event will be better prepared would get an idea of what to expect.
Things that helped:
- The Title for the post contributed
- Using numbers 37 Tips on Getting Most
- Additional headlines such as Tips, How to’s +
- The Image used
- Highlights and bullet points so the reader can scan the post
- Bottom line useful information they can help them, their friends and family. So yes useful content always pays off
- Coming up with good content is one challenge and promoting/marketing that content is the next challenge
- Total amount spent on Facebook Ads: $ 20.00 and got 400 Engagements (liked, commented, shared)
- Organic likes were way higher than ads
Resources which we found extremely interesting and that helped us too:
- Gary Vaynerchuk: The Secret to Networking? Leverage – http://blogs.wsj.com/
accelerators/2014/03/17/gary- vaynerchuk-the-secret-to-netwo rking-leverage/
- Why you suck at Networking: http://www.businessinsider.
- Networking Tips for Introverts: http://www.businessinsider.
analytics/answer/1033867?hl=en add/build your custom tags, shorten the URL with URL shorterner : http://goo.gl/ Login with gmail to get more data so that you can track in Google Analytics
If you like this post and think this will be useful for your friends & family, please do share
This is what we teach and share with you at Web Marketing Academy. So, if you would like to get started and take your Digital Marketing career to the next level, give us a call and we would be delighted to answer your queries.
- Digital Marketing Courses: http://www.webmarketingacademy.in/courses/
- Website: http://www.webmarketingacademy.in/
- Contact Details
Call : Somesh +91-7760170459