- Inbound Marketing University is now just HubSpot Academy: http://academy.
- What’s new with Inbound Marketing Certification 2015?
- The Inbound Certification is made up of twelve classes that you can watch on demand and at your own pace. To help you master the topic, each class includes additional resources that dig further into the topic, a self-check quiz, and a transcript of each video if you prefer to read along.
Inbound Marketing Certification 2013:Share
If you are a marketer, you must be aware of the Inbound Marketing Certification program by Hubspot. For those who are unaware of this program, I would like to inform you that the Inbound Marketing Certification is a well recognized, great program for marketers that help you become a better marketer.
Hubspot is one of the best resourceful websites you should follow. They exhort the best practices of digital marketing in the industry and they have always walked the talk. It is best known for doing awesome things for the marketing community. As marketers, we cannot expect anything better than Hubspot!
Inbound Marketing University
Inbound Marketing University (IMU) was Hubspot’s first free marketing training and certification program that started from February 2009: http://www.hubspot.com/inbound-marketing-university/
Inbound Marketing University was superseded by Hubspot Academy’s Inbound Marketing Certification on April 2, 2013.
What’s new with Inbound Marketing Certification 2013?
The Inbound Marketing Certification program is a 9 class series based on the inbound marketing methodology. It’s a free 9 part video series taught by industry thought leaders. You can take it at your own time anytime and anywhere. The new module teaches us how to ” Attract strangers, convert visitors, close leads and delight customers”
Here are some of the tips to pass the Inbound Marketing Certification 2013:
Passing the exam is tough;
- Fail the first time! – You are allowed to take the exam thrice within a month. You might think, you can get through the exam without going through all the videos. Try that and you will come back to us with more motivation. This allows you to learn and pay attention to details.
- The whole purpose of the exam is to help you understand how to Attract strangers, convert visitors, close leads and delight customers.
- Watch video tutorials and pay attention to details in the video. If the instructor says it is important, it is! So, pay attention.
- Pay attention to the numbers.
- Watch videos as many times as possible and make notes from them.
- Understand the concepts. You can download the slides. But, watching videos which will help you understand the concepts better
- You will have to wait for 48 hours to take the test again
- See the sample study guideline questions
- Here is the thing, you have to get score a total of 75 %. Unlike IMU, that gives you an overall score. You may get 100 % in 5 modules. That doesn’t mean you will pass. You will have to get a minimum score for each module.
- You cannot pause, save or revisit. All you have is an hour. Once you start the test, you have to finish in one go within that hour.
- If you are unsure of an answer, pass on to the next question. You can always come back once you are done with other questions
- You have 50 questions to answer in total to complete within an hour.
- Study more and take notes, you can always refer your notes during the test
- How about Googling answers during the test? You may, but, it’s such a waste of time. Because you will not find the right answers J
- You might think of an example, optimizing a website is SEO, content but you will realize there is more than just SEO, optimizing for humans
- The videos will help you see and think like a user, marketer, boss and boss’s boss
My 5 cents:
We all know that the digital world is changing fast and as marketers, we need to keep up the speed. This program will not only help you upgrade to the latest strategies, it also has a holistic approach to digital marketing
- It’s just an excellent upgrade
- It’s about understanding the concepts and putting it into practice. You have all the resources and tools
- Look for additional resources and further reading at the end of each module.
- This program is beyond SEO, PPC, Social media, Lead generation
- This course is not just about passing and getting a certification. The certificate is just a document. Putting those concepts into practice is what makes you a better marketer
If you like this article and found it useful, please do share it with your friends and familyShare
Good Luck on clearing the test. When you do, please share your experience in (Online Marketing Enthusiast) OME community Facebook page. Did you know ? OME community with over 1000 digital marketing practitioners come together every month discuss, share and network with each other. We would love to have you be part of the our community, please take a moment to join the community here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/omecommunity/
This is for your kind information, that the next two months OME meet-up sessions will be based on Inbound marketing best practices and methodologies.
Register now for an upcoming Online Marketing Enthusiast community meet-up on April 27th from 2-pm – 6 pm in Kormanagala, Bangalore, India. Topic: How to generate leads for B2B using Inbound marketing best practices.
To register Contact Suresh at + 91 9731388721 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Suresh Babu is the founder and CEO of Web Marketing Academy A premier training center educating small businesses, students in digital marketing including SEO, Google adwords, analytics. Suresh is a Guest Faculty & Speaker in Universities for Christ University, Archarya B-School, Commits College, Manatee Community College. He is also founder & community leader of Online Marketing Enthusiast Community, a community of passionate online marketing enthusiast. Prior to this, Suresh was the web marketing manager for Vayama.com, an online travel company based out of US. Suresh worked for Fox Advertising Agency, Florida, USA. Suresh organizes several web marketing related conferences, seminars; meet ups, corporate training programs and boot camps in and around India.
Read the case study of how a Traditional Realtor used Inbound marketing to increase sales to 150 % Hubspot Blog Case Study