Sample Digital Marketing Strategy Guide
To my students, almost at the end of the #digitalmarketing course, we prepare them with:
1. The Job interview prep
2. Mock interviews
3. Resume prep
4. Soft skills
5. Online/zoom job interview etiquette (Recent and important one)
6. Technical revision
7. Digital Marketing Strategy
I give them an assignment with multiple scenarios and ask them to come up with a Digital Marketing Strategy.
(most of the time an interviewer will give them half an hour or a few days to come up with a sample plan)
This is one of the biggest challenges for them. To help them, I have come up with this handy Digital Marketing Strategy guide
Interviewer: “We are a creative social media agency, come up with a complete digital marketing strategy”
- Might give you some time to come up with a plan right there
- Or they will ask you to take a day or two and send them the strategy
- Looking for your thought process
- What experience do you have and how you used to work
- Looking for your presentation skills
- Your communication and how do you articulate your ideas
- If the interviewer is also a digital marketer, they want to see details
Or they might come up with a scenario, this can be applied for any subject, social media, Google ads, SEO
Questions to ask the interviewer: (If required)
Please do ask questions, this will also let them know that you are not afraid and it’s a good sign. Ask them, can I come up with my assumptions?
- What is the purpose of coming up with the strategy?
- What are your objectives? Short term/long term?
- What is USP’s
- Who are the target audience, location, competitors
- Any budget (You are the digital marketer, you should be able to come up with the budget
Use this guide:
- To come up with multiple ideas. Use this to practice and document multiple sectors, industries
- Example: A Startup, an e-commerce company, B2B, Agency, Nonprofit
- How to use this guide? I am going to give specific tips for each slide
- You have to research for each industry and come up with a sample plan so that when the interviewer is asking, you already know how to
- What do you need? A straight forward, clean PPT, or document.
- Practice, research and if you have a sample it will be easier to communicate
- You might have to walk them through the slides, so know your slides. Prepare accordingly
- Basic rules of PPT: Simple, easy to understand, readable, Font: 30
- Read this: https://www.canva.com/learn/how-to-build-marketing-strategy/
- Use any one of the templates that match your style. Keep it simple yet, impactful. Sample strategy template: https://www.canva.com/presentations/templates/marketing/
Ok, ready to get started?
- Take notes. Be creative
- Shortlist one of the templates from canva
Here is the Guide to Digital Marketing Strategy Template. A step by step process to prepare a digital marketing strategy presentation: Download the PDF
(Courtesy of Web Marketing Academy, Rated Best Digital Marketing Training Institute in Bangalore)